Professional Scrum Master (PSM) Certification Workshop
Professional Scrum Master™ (PSM) is an interactive, activity-based course where students gain a strong understanding of Professional Scrum and the accountabilities of the Scrum Master. Through a combination of discussion and exercises, students develop a deep understanding of the underlying principles of Scrum and the Agile mindset while learning the practices applied by successful Scrum Teams.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification exam.
In this two day class* students are challenged to explore the Agile and Scrum principles so they can better understand what to do when applying Scrum to support their teams and organizations.
The course, developed by Scrum.org, uses a combination of instructor-led and activity-based learning where students work together in teams. Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) bring their own Scrum Master experiences and stories to the class and use their skills as professional trainers to deliver the material using their own unique delivery style. The result is an engaging, enjoyable learning experience where students gain a deep understanding of Scrum theory and principles, the Scrum Master accountabilities and why each element of the Scrum framework is important.
Students leave this course with an appreciation for Professional Scrum, the agile mindset and how to deal with common myths and impediments to agility. They gain the knowledge and understanding about how to choose and apply the appropriate practices and techniques that will be most beneficial for their Scrum Teams.
- Help Scrum Teams deliver value to their organization
- Understand the theory and principles behind Scrum and empiricism
- Understand how each part of the Scrum framework ties back to the principles and theory
- Understand uncertainty and complexity in product delivery
- Understand the meaning and importance of the Scrum values
- Learn what Done means and why it is crucial to transparency
- Know how to use the Product Backlog to plan with agility
- Understand the importance of self-managing teams, interpersonal skills needed, and the Scrum Master role
- Clarify the leadership role a Scrum Master plays on the team
- Learn the skills and traits and behavior shifts required to be a Scrum Master
Who Should Attend this class?
This course is appropriate for students in any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. The Professional Scrum Master course is for:
- Practitioners that are interested in starting a career as a Scrum Master
- Scrum Masters, Agile/Scrum Coaches and consultant looking to improve their use of Scrum
- Anyone involved in product delivery using Scrum
Professional Scrum Certification
Everyone has different needs when it comes to finding a training course, whether you are looking for something introductory, specific to your role or a more advanced topic, we invite you to explore and find a class that fits your professional needs or the needs of your team or organization. Whether you prefer to learn in person, virtually, or in a private setting with others from your organization, there are multiple options for attending Scrum.org training classes.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSM I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. Students of official Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master classes are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM II assessment once passing PSM I.
INTRODUCTION TO AGILE
• Agile values, principles and practices
• Plan driven versus Agile – how Scrum is different from traditional Project Management
• The Agile Manifesto
• Business benefits of Agile and common agile practices
SCRUM THEORY AND PRACTICES
• Why does Scrum work?
• Theoretical foundations and principles
• How Scrum differs from traditional software development and why it is better for product development?
• Benefits of Scrum
• How Scrum theory is implemented through time-boxes events, roles, rules, and artifacts?
• How can these be used most effectively?
THE SCRUM FRAMEWORK
• Scrum Roles – Characteristics & Demands of the Scrum Roles and self-organizing teams
• Scrum Events – The Sprint / Sprint Planning / Daily Scrum / Sprint Review & Retrospective
• The Purpose / Format / Facilitation of the Scrum Events
• Scrum Artefacts – Product Backlog / Sprint Backlog / The Increment
• How backlogs, information radiators and explicit policies help a team be effective
REQUIREMENTS MANAGEMENT IN AGILE
• Exercise: Using User Stories to Manage Requirements
• Rightsizing Work – Delivering Product Increments
• Exercise: Breaking up Work and Defining Spikes
RELEASE AND SPRINT PLANNING
• Effectively managing change with Scrum
• Prioritization for Maximizing Value and Minimizing Risk
• Minimum Viable Features, Releases, Costing and Planning Scrum Projects
• Working with Scrum at Scale and across Distributed Organizations
THE DEFINITION OF DONE AND ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA
• Delivering a truly DONE software
• Definition of DONE in Scrum and its importance
• Why not having a technical debt is critical to a growing organization
PRODUCT DELIVERY WITH SCRUM
• Learn by doing
• How to work in a group as a real Scrum team
• Practicing Scrum on live project
• Scrum simulation
This two day course is delivered by a highly qualified Scrum.org trainer and agile coach Bogdan Doroslovac from Belgrade, Serbia, with real-world experience of working in agile transformations and agile teams. The workshop will be delivered in Netville hub Skopje, on April 5 & 6th, srom 9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m, including a coffee and lunch breaks. Speaking language – Serbian and Macedonian.
Bogdan has over 10 years’ experience training in Project management including PMI and Agile. He is an expert in Scrum training, coaching and consulting in the rollout of Agile in organizations. He has an in-depth understanding of the practices and principles of Scrum and has successfully guided many organizations through the challenges of Scrum adoption.
The training takes place in an interactive and multimedia format: we personally control the course of the lesson and try to use all types of information which allows us to structure and remember the knowledge gained. The theory is consolidated with practical exercises, working in small groups on each module. Practical lessons and sessions in the format of supervision.
The investment in this amazing training is 500€ (early bird price for the members of Agile Macedonia), including the PSM certification exam. The regular price is 600€. You can register for this event by submitting your personal data in the form below.
After the registration we’ll contact you by email for the next steps.
May the Scrum force always be with you!!